Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Smoking: My Experiences with the Smokers

Smoking may seem a very bad habit to all those people who do not smoke but ask the guys who smoke, we will certainly get a different reply. The probable answers may be like “I am smoking just for style” or “I smoke when I am with my friends” etc. whatever may be the reply or the excuse given by them, one thing is sure that once we get into the clutches of this habit, it is very difficult to get out of the habit.

Many of the people I have seen and known have started this habit of smoking just for fun or for style but as the days went by, they got addicted to smoking. Quitting this habit is not an easy task. Once we get addicted to smoking, it would require a great deal of will power for us to quit smoking.

Some methods to stop smoking are
  • Making decision to quit
  • Setting a quit smoking date and choosing a quit smoking plan
  • Dealing with withdrawal while you quit smoking
  • Maintenance after you have quit smoking


No comments: