Container gardening is mostly meant for people who have limited space in their house. It is also considered to be the best indoor home gardening method. It refers to growing a variety of plants in a pot. The containers can be placed at a convenient place, even in your window sill. Go through to know some container gardening tips.
- Consider the garden location first. Determine the amount of space available to design the container garden. A collection of larger and smaller pots can be kept in locations with larger spaces such as balcony and porch. It gives an aesthetically pleasing appearance. You can even place them along a window sill.
- When you wish to design the container garden indoors, choose the right places for placing the containers. Clear the space near your windows. Rearrange certain furniture pieces in your room.
- Considering the right size and material of container is important. They should have small drainage holes in order to rid the soil of excess water. Otherwise, water logging may be seen damaging both to the soil and the plant.
- Different sizes of containers are available and you can choose the one that suits your preferences. Ensure that you use a larger pot if you stay at colder climates. This is because soil expands in cooler climates. Consider the size of the plant to be grown and then decide the size of the container.
- You can select the stylish containers which blend well with your garden theme. Even you can choose pots of elegant colors.
- Choice of plants to be grown in a container is the other important consideration. Get to know which plants can be planted in pots. Find the shrubs, herbs, roses, flowering shrubs, and other ornamental plants which can be grown in different seasons in containers. If you wish to keep the containers inside your room, then select the plants that are apt for indoor gardening.
- Select the right type of soil that is suitable for plant growth.
- Be careful to ensure proper care and maintenance of container garden. Consider the watering and fertilizing requirements.