Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2007

The Right Planning For Successful Business

I own an IT firm where about twenty people are working. Presently my business is doing well, but initially it was in losses. About three years back, when I started my business I was totally inexperienced about the industry. I was running in losses. At one stage I was afraid that I may not be able pay the salaries to the five people who were working with me. At that stage a friend of mine has suggested me to meet any business consultant and talk to them about my problem. Initially I thought that it wont be of any use as I had experience in working with IT firms, and was in a belief that my planning was perfect but the industry was not correct in its place. Finally my friend convinced me to meet the consultant. After meeting the consultant and talking to him I realized that the fault was not in the industry but it was my planning that has caused me losses. I did not appointed the right staff for the right jobs and the consultant whom I spoke with have advised me to know the actual strengths of my employees and based upon their strengths assign the job to them I did what he said and in just six months I saw the results. Not my business is expanding and soon I will increase my staff to fifty.

No comments: